Monday, April 4

Breaking the silence

I've had writer's block, maybe more appropriately described as designer's block.  Nothing has changed over the last few weeks.  No new living room plans, no progress on my kitchen, nothing painted, nothing bought (almost). It's all the same as the last time I spoke to you.

As with anything, the main obstacle is money, followed closely by time.  Due to these constraints, my inner designer struggles to find economical improvements I can realistically make to my house that I won't have to replace or redo in my more prosperous future.

As I continued my daily routine, (wake, coffee, daily blog reading, walk dog, work, check blog updates, sleep) I stumbled upon a solution to many of designer woes.  The simplest answer, PAINT.
Although it seems so simple - I don't mean on the walls. I few weeks ago I posted about painted floors.  Painting over hardwood floors certainly isn't for the faint of heart; however,  a painted sub-floor (hmmmm).

One of my DIY motto's is:  If I'm eventually going to have to pay someone to do it, I might as well try it myself.  How bad could I screw it up?
Enter adventure, painted subfloor.

I'm thinking about testing this method out in my office/craft room.  Since it's only a 10 x 10 room, if I mess it up it can only cost me so much to repair.  I found the complete instructions on Back to Domestics.

What do you think?
Have you completed an adventurous DIY project?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking, practicing or just let me know you're still reading. Pursue perfection!