Tuesday, May 25

Hattie - The Home Ruler

My new sewing machine arrived on Friday. I could not be more excited!  Let the dress making re-commence. 

I ordered the Brother CS-6000i & I'm in love!
I've named her Hattie.  Hattie is a form of the name Harriet.  More importantly, it means "Home Ruler."  This is the most appropriate name I could come up with, as the dress making has officially taken over my life between now and Thursday evening when I leave for my Dad's wedding.

I'm almost done with the dress; just a couple of hems left to complete.  The best part, Hattie has a Blind Hem stitch and presser foot.  YaY!  My life made just a little bit easier.

This is my final weekend of insane travel and I will get to relax and enjoy some down time with my house, puppy, and crafting again soon!

2 comments:

  1. is this machine easy to operate? I am a starter and looking to purchase a machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riema, I'm so sorry I hadn't seen your post earlier. Hattie could not be any easier to use. She has a pedal as well as a push button start. Comes complete with several presser foots and built in stitches. Please let me know if I can help any other way.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking, practicing or just let me know you're still reading. Pursue perfection!