Tuesday, March 15

On the hunt...

I have a love-hate relationship with interior design.

Each time I try to decorate a room I go into sensory overload.  I want to to design the entire room 100 different ways, 99 of which I probably can't afford. 

I am currently working to incrementally improve my living/dining room, as always on a budget.
I inherited a BEAUTIFUL family heirloom which is priceless to me. It has become the center of my inspiration for the decor and design - (more to come on that later).

This mission begins with the hunt for the perfect couch.
Due to the traditional style of my family heirloom (and honestly my penchant for classic design) I am looking for something in a neutral color with striking architectural design.


What do you think of these?
{lovely.clusters}
I love the lines of this piece.  While too large for my space and certainly not the right color, it oozes elegance I can't resist.


{bella.cottage}
This couch is closer to the right color; however, I'm don't want a couch that screams
"DON'T SIT ON ME."


{Joanna.henderson~via~kelly.oshiro.events}
Closer...


{much.to.do.with.nothing}
LOVE!
The Kelly over at Much to Do With Nothing reupholstered this couch!!!
Could I do that?  Maybe if I find the right couch at a the right price this would be a viable option?


{crate.&.barrel}


Something more linear like this Crate & Barrel sofa would work as well.


{decorology}
Oh me, oh my!!!
Ok my interior design gifted friends, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. can't claim to be completely knowledgeable with interior design. But I do enjoy it, and those couches are to.die.for. LOVE!!! Not sure what your budget is, but you could probably find somebodies old chippendale style couch on craigslist and then paint it white/cream and then have it reupholstered to mimic the first few looks. Although, I'm loving the last two alot.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking, practicing or just let me know you're still reading. Pursue perfection!