Saturday, March 12

To Stay or Not to Stay...

For those of you that follow, you know I've been working to improve and ultimately sell my house over the last several months.  The need to sell my house began when I accepted a job in September.  Facing a 2 hour commute, I felt as if I was backed into a corner.  I had spent so much time working on my perfect little foreclosure to turn it into my perfect little home & now the de-personalization began.

I shipped boxes, and boxes, and boxes to my boyfriend's house. I emptied nearly every closet.  I sold "unnecessary" furniture.  I painted my beautifully colored walls, boring neutrals.  The remnants made a tidy, little, townhome perfectly suited for a family to show it some love and attention.
Well, good news - I found that family.

ME & DEJA!

That's right, after all the personalization, de-personalization, emptying of closets, I've decided to stay put.  Ok, I'm fickle but not that fickle.  In all honesty, selling my house didn't work out.  Thanks to a very flexible boss and some exceptional negotiating I began working remotely yesterday and I start re-renovating my house TODAY!

I have a different goal, this time around.  I want to improve my townhome and I am excited to "personalize" my space again; however, I want to sort out all the clutter.  The things I packed 6 months ago and haven't missed are going to Goodwill. All my home projects are going to start with a plan and an inspiration board.

I want to ensure the next time I try to sell my house that it's easy & marketable without too much work.
I want to turn my home into a livable model.

Step 1.  Create a "To-Do" List
Step 2. Create a "Wish" List.
{home.and.garden.tips}

1 comment:

Let me know what you're thinking, practicing or just let me know you're still reading. Pursue perfection!