Tuesday, July 19

That's a shame

Today totally kicked my butt!
{life.with.the.crazies}
While this image from Tina Fey is connected to a prayer about children - to me it depicts the completely overwhelming day I had.  The worst part about today's flavor of overwhelming was that it was unexpected.

Everyone has those days when you wake up and know that you will be going non-stop until your head hits the pillow (or the wine is uncorked).  However, today I woke up assuming it was any other day.  At several points throughout today I had to pause and think.  Did I brush my teeth this morning?  What about deodorant?  Have I eaten lunch; heck, have I eaten breakfast?  Did I have coffee yet?  Would it be wrong if I had another cup of coffee?  How many cups of coffee have I had?  Where's my to-do list, my calendar, my cell phone, my glasses, my keys?  Are my glasses on my head?  Why are my keys in the fridge?

I think at multiple points today I answered open-ended questions with "yes."  They should bring back nap time.  Nap time is more refreshing than coffee but less socially acceptable.

That's a shame.

1 comment:

  1. Found you because of a yoga workbook i'm writing; working subtitle is "Practicing Perfect" and while i'd hoped to get that URL, i couldn't be happier to see you here. What you're writing, and how you're writing it, is real and completely hilarious and uplifting. If it's all the same to you, i'll put the book on my current site under its main title, ART OF ATTENTION, and keep Practicing Perfect as a subtitle, and enjoy our future cross-pollination. I'm elena@virayoga.com.

    AND YES, LET'S BRING BACK NAP TIME.

    all love
    elena

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking, practicing or just let me know you're still reading. Pursue perfection!