Tuesday, December 14

nanny-nanny-ha-ha

I think I've mentioned a time or two that I LOVE the holidays!
I'm starting to truly get into the holiday spirit.  

My co-worker was sulking about having to travel all around Northern VA this evening picking up holiday gifts from here, there, everywhere; & that was only for the gifts he's already bought.  He will eventually have to make the dreaded trip to the mall to complete his holiday shopping for gifts yet to be determined. 

I could not help but mock; nanny-nanny-ha-ha, I am DONE!!!!
 I have finished every last bit of my holiday shopping and all without stepping foot into a mall.  

I have my parents gifts, my sisters gifts, my boyfriends gifts, gifts for the office gift swap, gifts for my boyfriend's family, & even a few gifts for myself.  My dexterity and agility with online shopping has served me well.  In fact, most of my gifts have already shipped.  I'm waiting a few but for the most part all I have left is the wrapping.  

After gloating for a few minutes, I sat back and thought to myself - why do people (men in particular) wait until the very last minute?  It's so nice to be done with everything & see the gifts wrapped so nicely under the tree.  Don't they want this feeling of accomplishment that I have right now?  
Now all I have to do is sit back and enjoy....

& wrap my presents
& get my dress dry-cleaned for Thursday's office party
& bake for Friday's holiday party
& clean the house for Friday's holiday party
& put up the rest of the decorations for Friday's holiday party
& find a place for everyone to sleep after Friday's holiday party
& finish sewing handmade gifts for Saturday's holiday party
& ......

The list seems to go on and on, I guess a hostesses job is never done.
Before I felt relaxed; now I may need a little push to get me started.
Drinking may not be the solution to everything, but boy does this beer taste good. 

Nothing like a little Bud Light for motivation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking, practicing or just let me know you're still reading. Pursue perfection!