Sunday, January 16

Goodbye D.C; Hello Kennebunkport, ME


It's official - I'm obsessed.  I am completely convinced I belong in a beach town.  I envision myself at a Yacht club, socializing with the well-to-do, playing a round of golf, followed by tennis and drinks at "the club" with the girls from book club.  As I drive home with the windows down and sunroof open in my Land Rover, I pass homes beautifully painted in bright pastels.  Behind our white picket fence and up the cobblestone drive sits a gorgeous estate overlooking the gentle currant of the Atlantic Ocean ,lapping against the small beach bordering our backyard.  I rush to freshen up and start preparing dinner, after all the Bush's are coming over tonight.

Ok, ok...back to reality.  I know living in Kennebunkport, or Charleston, or any other beautiful beach town would not make the life above a reality.  A girl can dream can't she?  Typically my destination living dreams come with a side of Mint Julep and a more Southern latitude; however, this current wave of daydreaming was brought on by my new obsession, Lands' End.  I spent the good majority of this weekend enjoying some retail therapy; unexpectedly stumbling into Sears I found a virtual Mecca.  Apparently Lands' End has not only shifted away from the matronly ensembles I remember of the past but has also engaged in a partnership with Sears, placing Lands' End shops within most Sears around the country.  A year ago (almost to the day) my fellow blogger over at Pawley's Island Posh posted her very own Lands' End discovery, so I maybe a day late and a (few) dollar(s) short - but I'm making up for it now.  I ravaged the Lands' End section of my local Sears with a fashion appetite I had not fed in quite some time. 








Just a few of things I picked up today. I can't wait to keep my eye on Lands' End, specifically their Canvas line.  If I can't live my "dream" lifestyle - maybe I can at least dress the part for now.

Do you have any "sleeper" stores we should check out?  Always looking for classic style on a budget.




1 comment:

  1. You had me concerned with the whole Northern thing there for a bit. Glad Charleston made it to the list. Dreams are good!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking, practicing or just let me know you're still reading. Pursue perfection!