Tuesday, January 25

It's my...

birthday, week, month
That's right - I celebrate my birthday for an entire month.  In years past, I celebrated from New Year's to Valentine's day, now I've shorted it a bit and start my celebration on January 18th.
(I wanted to give my boyfriend a full week to celebrate his bday too)

I love birthdays, mostly mine, but really birthdays in general. 
I blame my mother for this phenomenon.
My sister and I were discussing our adoration for birthdays.  She is the only other person I know that continues to celebrate birthdays with as much enthusiasm as I do after the age of 21.
{mkmcd}
Our mother was the BEST with birthdays.  The night before your birthday she would tuck you in, kiss you on the forehead, and remind you tomorrow you were going to be a "big girl."  You woke the next morning to her gorgeous rendition of Happy Birthday, often with a sister or two in tow.  When we got home from school and whichever sport we were participating in at the time, she would be in the midst of preparing your favorite meal.  Mine was always London Broil, Mac-N-Cheese casserole, and green beans - YUM!  My mouth waters just thinking about Mom's home cooking.  After dinner we would gather as a family and open gifts.  Mom made each of our birthdays' about us.  Your favorite meal, your big day, your birthday.
{weheartit}
I think that is why now, birthday's are not about getting older to me.  They are about celebration.
Celebrating what?  Well this month - ME!!!!
Next month, my friends Liz, or Taylor, or Melissa, or Kendra.

I think everyone should take a month to celebrate their birthday.  Think of all the wonderful things you've accomplished in the past year.  Think of all the friends you've made, people you've met.  Think of all the laughs you've shared, shoulders you've cried on.   Think of all the friends that were there when you needed them.  Imagine, for just a moment how wonderful you can make the next year.  After all, with all you did at 27, 28 should be a piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking, practicing or just let me know you're still reading. Pursue perfection!