Thursday, January 5

Numbers

17 hours
2 dogs
2 people
1 celebrity sighting
1 tiny car
1 Successful Move & 
70 degree weather!

 Welp, I'm here.  The sunshine state.  To think 1 week ago today, Beau and I packed (almost) all of our belongings into my tiny 2 door car and hit the road at 4:40 am to make the long drive down to Florida.  As we pulled out of the driveway, I don't think the impact quite dawned on me.  It wasn't until I crossed the Virginia border that I realized I was no longer a resident of my home state.  Similar to our trip in July, we managed to make the 17 hour trip fun.  He even bumped into Doug Flutie at a gas station in South Carolina (I was in the restroom, not that I would have noticed who he was anyway).

Once we arrived, I saw the house for the first time.  It's gorgeous.  Beautiful tile floors, tall open ceilings, 3 car garage, huge master bathroom, and 1 CRYSTAL BLUE POOL!  I can assure you the pool and lanai will see plenty of use from yours truly!

Bright and early the next morning we awoke to begin the unpacking.  I love the idea of unpacking but hate the practice.  A new house means a fresh and clean start.  You can decide all over again how to organize and decorate.  You can clean out the old and bring in the new - but the boxes full of old just kept coming.  I started in what seemed like the most logical place to me - the Kitchen.

Every time I stood back to admire my organizational achievement a mover would come in with another box of kitchen supplies I forgot we owned.  In the long run it all found a home whether in the cabinet or trash and I absolutely adore the space.  The bedrooms and living space haven't had the same luck quite yet.  We still have nick-knacks to place and pictures to hang; however, within 48 hours all major belongs had found homes or hiding places and we were ready for our first official visitors.

With minutes to spare Beau showered and rushed off to scoop up the "L's" at the airport.  The 4 of us spent the weekend enjoying Florida's beautiful weather, restaurants, and New Years Eve party.  I'm so thankful they were here to celebrate with us.  It truly forced us to work at warp speed and do nothing but enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

Although the past week has been crazy it comes with many wonderful blessings.  I am happy to bring an end to the 6 months of separation.  I know many couples spend far longer apart, but I'm not a fan of long distance.  NOT AT ALL.  I also realize how amazing my friends and family are.  The number of text messages, phone calls, and emails we received simply saying people were thinking about us during the big move was heartwarming.  It's even nicer to know our visitation schedule is filling up quickly.  Plan your trip today - before it's too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking, practicing or just let me know you're still reading. Pursue perfection!