Monday, June 27

Date Morning !?

My boyfriend and I had a date this morning.  Not a date in the formal sense of the word.

Mornings can be so hectic, especially Monday mornings.  Sleep-deprived hangover, shower, dog walk, breakfast, getting ready for work - not particularly in that order.  Often times it feels like Monday mornings are rushing past as the pending work week threatens mundane tasks, and seemingly unavoidable headaches.  As we each raced out the door with a goodbye kiss and promise to chat later we each hastily got into our cards.

Per my usual Monday morning, I headed directly for the Starbucks.  (This particular Starbucks has a drive-thru - BEST IDEA EVER!!!) As I order my Grande, Skinny, Soy Caramel Macchiato I glance in my rearview mirror to see none other than my boyfriend.  I got this brilliant idea to pay for his coffee.  I handed the polite cashier my Bux card and told him my scheme.  He stared at me wide-eyed as if I was some sort of heroic, good Samaritan for buying a stranger a coffee.  I quickly told him that the man in the car behind me was my boyfriend, & we were on a date.  I can't begin to explain the look he gave me next.  Somewhere between utter confusion, and heartfelt sympathy.

As I drove away, I grinned thinking that I might have helped start his day just a little bit better.

When the Mr. called to thank me, I simply said - "now it's like we had breakfast together."

What unique ways do you keep your relationship fresh?
How do you make the best out of a less than glamorous time (i.e. Monday mornings)?
Do you have a creative idea for date night/morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking, practicing or just let me know you're still reading. Pursue perfection!